Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Last Meal...

So I have ANOTHER wedding in about 2 1/2 weeks!! Yes, another one! This time it is in Las Vegas!!!!! I'm super excited to be heading out of New York, I need a break! For real for real. Also, I am a bridesmaid, once again. However, this time, the dress actually fits me...HOORAY!! I do not look like a sausage in its casing nor do I need to spend a crazy amount of money getting it re-done to fit me. It's actually a little big.

BUT, I haven't seen my Vegas peeps in about 4 years. The last time they saw me I was about 20lbs lighter so I have this ridiculous idea that I should really lose the weight beforehand. Call me crazy, but I feel the need to impress. Whatever!

Therefore Thursday I will begin what is known as the lemonade diet. You basically drink 60ounces a day of this fresh squeezed lemon juice, maple syrup, cayenne pepper concoction, for 2 weeks and watch the pounds slip away! My aunt has done it and she lost like 20lbs, so she is my motivation right now.

If you read my blog regularly, I'm pretty sure you have figured out that I am a lover of everything FOOD! Which includes mostly fatty, sweet, buttery, "bad for you" dishes, with a few healthy ones in between. So you can only imagine how difficult these next 2 weeks are going to be! I will be documenting my 14 day journey everyday! How I'm feeling, how I'm coping, is it working?, how much weight I have lost, etc. etc.

But until then, I am making sure to indulge in anything I want for these next two days! Starting today, I am enjoying some eggplant parmesan for lunch, for dinner I will be having a BLT from Stokos at Columbus Circle and later tonight I will be in the Village at Sweet Revenge with my good friend Nikki, enjoying cupcakes and wine! I still have to plan tomorrow's last meal menu, but I'm sure it will be just as good! And of course I have to get Taco Bell in there somewhere =)

WISH ME LUCK!!!!!

Has anyone else tried the Lemonade Diet? Do you have any tips? Was it worth it?

3 comments:

  1. Not to scare you or anything, but I was listening to the radio last night and they were talking about these detox, quick diets...
    They are SO dangerous.... you lose weight but it's 100% water weight, and 2/3 people gain more weight back (as in you'll be heavier than you were pre-diet). Because it's a liquid only diet, you're denying your body of crucial nutrients and vitamins. One woman actually had brain damage from having too much fluid in her system.
    I realize you probably want to lose 20 pounds in two weeks, but it's just not realistic. If you want to slim down and look a bit better I would go for eating clean and only water for 2 weeks... Something like the Dr. Joshi diet which is actually GOOD for your body and you lose real weight. I've known people who have lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks, which is a lot, but perhaps a bit more realistic.
    I know the feeling of wanting to impress and look good for friends and family we haven't seen awhile, but to detriment your health for a quick fix? It's really not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you want a quick fix which is understandable bc dont we all. But what I have learned is that the slower it takes for you to shed pounds the longer it takes for it to come back!

    I was working out like crazy all summer and dropped a few pounds then took a month off and didnt gain any of the weight back surprisingly!

    But hey maybe this will work and help you stay on track! Although I think you are BEAUTIFUL as is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you guys are right! lol I didnt really want to lose 20lbs in 2 weeks. I know that is very unrealistic. Just like 5 - 10. But this diet sucked!!!! I lasted a day and not a day more! lol

    ReplyDelete

I would love your feedback! Please share your thoughts or ideas =)