Friday, July 9, 2010

~ Eat Up, Drink Up, or Shut Up ~

Whoa!! Let me start off by apologizing for being about almost 2 weeks late with my weekly Wednesday recipe post. So much has been going on, I haven't even had the chance to find the best recipes to share with you! But fret no more, I'm about to give you probably THE best food creation since Ice Cream Cupcakes (OK maybe that's only the best to me =) )

I admit, I have not tried this recipe myself, YET!

Now some of you may know, that I watch the Food Network like it is my religion. I'm a loyal worshipper every Saturday and Sunday mornings like no ones business. So it's no surprise that of where I grabbed this recipe from. They have never left me disappointed!

BUFFALO-CHICKEN MACARONI & CHEESE

2 personal reasons why I pretty much believe this is the best recipe ever!!
  1. My favorite comfort food is baked macaroni & cheese. I've been known to pout if I'm at a BBQ and no one leaves any for me. I've been to jump up and down if I go somewhere and they are serving it. I've even been known to eat the leftovers for breakfast. I think you get the point, I LOVE it!
  2. I LOVE Wings! Meaty, Juicy, Slightly Spicy, covered in Buffalo Sauce, wings!
Do you get it yet? These geniuses have actually figured a way to combine these two delicious dishes into one luxurious meal! Please someone give them an award!

Ingredients


7 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the dish

Kosher salt

1 pound elbow macaroni

1 small onion, finely chopped

2 stalks celery, finely chopped ( Personally, I would do without the celery)

3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken ( So simple, supermarkets always sell these already cooked, sometimes already shredded)

2 cloves garlic, minced

3/4 cup hot sauce (preferably Frank's)

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons dry mustard

2 1/2 cups half-and-half

1 pound yellow sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 3 1/2 cups)

8 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)

2/3 cup sour cream

1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) ( Cant find these? Any plain breadcrumbs would do.)

1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese ( I hate blue cheese, I would definitely find a substitute)

2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain.
Meanwhile, melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and celery and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken and garlic and cook 2 minutes, then add 1/2 cup hot sauce and simmer until slightly thickened, about 1 more minute.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and mustard with a wooden spoon until smooth. Whisk in the half-and-half, then add the remaining 1/4 cup hot sauce and stir until thick, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the cheddar and pepper jack cheeses, then whisk in the sour cream until smooth.
Spread half of the macaroni in the prepared baking dish, then top with the chicken mixture and the remaining macaroni. Pour the cheese sauce evenly on top.
Put the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted. Stir in the panko, blue cheese and parsley. Sprinkle over the macaroni and bake until bubbly, 30 to 40 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.

For the full recipe and other scrumptious meal ideas please visit My Favorite Website.

Salud!

1 comment:

I would love your feedback! Please share your thoughts or ideas =)